Automotive Lighting Screw Driving by JAKA Zu 7 Cobots
About the Company
The company is a national high-tech enterprise and an enterprise technology center in Zhejiang Province, focusing on automotive lighting design, development and manufacturing. The company mainly supplies equipment for GAC Toyota, GAC Mitsubishi, GAC Passenger Car, FAW Volkswagen, FAW Toyota, Dongfeng Nissan, Tianjin Toyota, Yamaha and other OEMs.
The company faced a series of challenges with a particular screw driving task, in the production of an automotive lighting component.
- First of all, the production was slower than desired.
- Second, the company had to spend time and money looking for new employees and training them. With repetitive tasks, employee turnover tends to be high, making for a constant expense.
- Third, over the course of a shift, it is hard for people to maintain focus and concentration on screw driving tasks, leading to errors.
The main concern that the company had regarding automation was that production had to be fast, it had to match or exceed their existing processing times. Moreover, deployment and debugging had to have minimal impact on production.
After consultation, the company chose two JAKA Zu 7 cobots to automate their screw driving task.
Thanks to their flexible, fast installation, they were able to be fitted upside down, screwing vertically downwards, working in tandem on the same component.
The plug-and-play functionality allowed for minimal disruption to production, and they now operate non-stop without the need for human supervision.
- Each of the two JAKA Zu 7 cobots freed up four employees to focus on more creative, intellectually demanding tasks.
- The floorspace taken up by this section of the assembly line has been drastically reduced, as the cobots are able to operate in a tight cabinet.
- The ROI was significant, with a payback period lasting less than 14 months.
Your opinions are important to us. Whether it is a simple question or a valuable suggestion, we are here 24/7.
Siemensstrasse 2 – 4,